Online self service is a new approach to relationship management (CRM, ERM, PRM, SRM), a version of electronic support ( esupport) that allows people to access information and perform routine tasks over the Internet, without requiring any interaction with a representative of an enterprise. According to
According to Forrester Research: “The cost of the average Web self-service session is $1, compared to $10 for an email response and $33 for a telephone call.”
Companies who have mastered self service to provide customer solution are: Amazon, Zappos, Google, Facebook, WordPress etc..
Companies which enable self service strategy reap 4 key benefits :
- Offers accessibility 24 hour-a-day so customer can do business with them anytime, anywhere
- Lower cost solution to customer as compared with telephone or email service by a company representative
- Create Network effort to build scalable business and drive global participation
- Understand and collect individual information about the people who use it to do better market segmentation.
To get started on developing Self Service solution, you need to do the following:
- Make self service as a deliberate business strategy (new business model) and justify the ROI
- Define Value Proposition (Customer, Employee, Supplier)
- Create Self Service business impact statement (Vivid Description of Success in terms of Reach, Revenue, Recogniztion, Productivity, Satisfaction Index and Cost Reduction)
- Identify Self Service solutions to meet voice of customer needs
Enclosed are the templates that will help you build the self service strategy and plan. http://www.slideshare.net/cvedulla/customer-self-service-4c-framework
If you need any additional information, please leave your comments and email address. I will update the blog accordingly.